The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) was introduced in 1999 by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, it’s a scholarship program and its main aim is to encourage students to take up research careers in the areas of basic sciences, medicine, and engineering.
In this program they identify the students with talent and aptitude for research helps them to realize their talent in students, encourage them to take up research careers in science and make sure the growth of the best scientific minds for research and development in the country.
Rewards of KVPY:
the students will obtain fellowship from 1st year of their graduation if they pass KVPY exam
- The KVPY candidates will receive Rs. 5000 monthly fellowship from 1st to 3rd years of following streams B.S./ B.Maths / B.Sc / B.Stat / Integrated M.S./M.Sc and an annual possibility award of Rs. 20,000.
- After 3rd year it extends to Rs. 7,000 per month while M.Sc / 4th & 5th year of integrated M.S. / M.Sc and an annual award of nearly Rs. 28,000
Eligibility of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
- Candidate must be Indian Citizens
For Stream SX –
- Applicants need to pass 10th class with minimum 80% marks (70% for ST/SC and PWD) with aggregate in Mathematics and science subjects.
- And they need to qualify 10+2 examination especially in science and secure at least 60% in aggregate (50% for SC/ PWD/ ST category)
For Stream SB-
- Candidate should complete 10 + 2 examination & obtain minimum 60% marks aggregate in Science (50% marks for SC/ ST/ PWD) and
- Even they need to qualify their 1st – year final examination and secure at least 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ PWD/ST).
For Stream SA –
- Candidates need to complete their 10th class with Science & mathematics and they need to score minimum 80% marks aggregate in the qualifying exams (70% for ST/ SC/ PWD).