Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana is the people welfare scheme to provide the easy financial access to Credit, Remittance, Insurance, savings, pension and deposit accounts in an affordable manner. PMJDY is the national wide scheme launched by Indian Government.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana has officially launched by the Narendra Modi on August 15th, 2014. Under this scheme, people can open their accounts in any bank branch or business correspondent outlet.
Who offers Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana?
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana account is available in selected banks and business correspondent outlets that provide bank accounts. These bank accounts have been rising ever since demonetization exercise
Who are eligible for Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana?
- Any Indian with Indian Nationality is eligible to open the bank account under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- Under this scheme Minors are also eligible to open a bank account and they must have 10 years old and guardians to manage the account
- A person with an existing saving bank account can transfer his/her account to PMJDY
- The low-risk individuals are also eligible to open the bank account under PMJDY. The people who have any valid documents to support their Indian Nationality
List of the required documents to open and Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana account:
Applicant need to maintain below mentioned required documents to open an account under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- For the change of address then applicant need to submit the necessary valid documents for new address
- Recent passport size photographs
- Valid permanent address proof like PAN card, aadhar card etc
- If in case the applicant not has a valid residential address then he/she needs to submit the valid identity proof by Government
- If accountant fails to provide the address proof then the bank can primary check of the individual. If bank certifies the individual “Low-risk Individual” then he/she can open a bank account for 12 months.
- If applicants do not have valid identity proof then the person can submit the authority letter issued by Gazette officer stating that the individual resident of India
The minimum age of applicant is 10 years and otherwise any Indian resident over age of 18 years is eligible to open the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana account. And an individual needs to exit the scheme on after reaching age of 60 years
About Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana forms:
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana application forms are available with all participating banks. You can also download application forms through the official website https://www.pmjdy.gov.in/files/Forms/account-opening/English.pdf
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana benefits:
Here are the special benefits for Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- No minimum balance required
- Accidental Insurance cover of Rs 1 lakh
- Interest on deposit
- Applicant can easily transfer of money across in India
- Beneficiaries of Government schemes will get direct benefit transfer in these accounts
- After successful operation of account for 6 months an overdraft facility will be permitted
- Provides the Rs 30, 000 insurance on death of beneficiary also check fulfilment of eligibility condition
- Overdraft facility up to Rs 5000 is available in only one account
- Access to pension and insurance products
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Life Insurance:
The PMJDY account holders will get Rs 30000 as insurance coverage if incase they comply with certain specification of scheme which includes opening an account on 2015 and having the accidental insurance coverage over Rs 20,000
Mobile banking facilities for PMJDY:
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana also providing the mobile banking facilities through smartphones. Through this account holders can check the facilities like balance checking and transferring funds etc
How to open Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana bank account?
Applicants can easily open Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana account at any nearest bank branch or enrolling yourself for camp conducted in your area. You can also enroll 60,000 locations in India
List of banks offering Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana:
There are the different public and private sector banks for the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana account
Private sector banks:
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd.
- Axis Bank Ltd.
- HDFC Bank Ltd.
- Federal Bank Ltd.
- ICICI Bank Ltd.
- IndusInd Bank Ltd.
- YES Bank Ltd.
- ING Vysya Bank Ltd.
- Karnataka Bank Ltd.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.
Public sector banks:
- Bank of Baroda (BoB)
- Bhartiya Mahila Bank
- Vijaya Bank
- Dena Bank
- Central Bank of India
- IDBI Bank
- Bank of India (BOI)
- Corporation Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank (PNB)
- Allahabad Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Indian Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- State Bank of India (SBI)
For customers who having queries regarding the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana scheme, Government has set up the contact numbers to clear all doubts 1800 110011 and 1800 180 1111