Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana (PMRPY) was established on 1st August 2016, in Lok Sabha by Shri Bandaru Dattatreya, the Ministry of State for Labour and Employment. This scheme has planned to incentivize employers for the generation of new employment and government contributing 8.33% EPS contribution of the employer.
Individuals who are working earning Rs. 15000/- per month, and who work 240 days in a year are eligible to register under the scheme, presently more than 3 lakh establishment are covered on this scheme, where nearly 20 workers per establishment are expecting to be hired.
Objective – Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana
- Here, this scheme will not build employment opportunities directly but of course, it accelerates the employers to create more employment opportunities for the people.
- The main objective of the scheme is to enhance and encourage employment in the nation.
- The government will offer incentives to the employers so that they recruit more people in their departments and get rid of high unemployment rates.
Eligibility Criteria – Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana
- Under this scheme, those employees will be registered who are already registered with Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO)
- It is only for those employees who are getting wages of Rs 15000 or less than 15000 per month.
- The labor identification number (LIN) is the primary needed to be registered under the PMRPY scheme. The Labour Identification Number is allotted under the Shram Suvidha portal
- After that, the employees have to register themselves on the official website provided by the central government.
Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana Budget:
According to the sources the central government has allocated Rs. 1000 Cr for this scheme, then 3 lakh establish in the nation where employers will get the benefit of 8.33% of EPS.
- As per the scheme, this will also balance the regulation in the regulation of the labor market.
- The scheme is no doubt paying full benefits to the employers
- The objective of the scheme is to encourage employers to generate more vacancies in their firms
- The scheme also facilitates the employers to reimburse the money if not paid on time by the government
Also Read: Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana PMSBY