Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) is a welfare program of the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas for providing LPG connections to women from Below Poverty Line (BPL) house holders. This scheme is launched by Indian PM Narendra Modi in 2016. The aim of the program is to offer 50,000,000 LPG connections to women from families below the Poverty Line. 20 million LPG connections had been completed as of 3 April 2017.Sponsored Links:
Objective of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- The government has set a target of 5 crores LPG connections to be distributed to the BPL (Below Poverty line) households all over the country on this scheme and below are some more objectives of the scheme.
- Dropping the serious health exposures associated with cooking based on fossil fuel
- Allowing women and protecting their health
- Decreasing the death rates in India due to unclean cooking fuel
- Safeguard young children from a significant number of keen respiratory illnesses occurs due to indoor air pollution by burning the fossil fuel.
Eligibility for the PMUY scheme:
Here are the basic eligibility criteria of the scheme
- The applicant’s household must not already own LPG connections in anyone’s name
- The applicant’s name must be on the list of SEC – 2011 data
- The women applicant must belong to BPL (Below Poverty Line)
- The applicant must be women above 18 years of age
- The women applicant must have saving bank account in any nationalized bank all over the country
Required Documents for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana scheme:
- BPL Ration card
- One photo ID (Voter ID or Aadhar card)
- One Recent passport size photograph
- BPL certificate Authorized by Panchayat Pradhan / Municipality Chairman
For more information or any quires, you can call to toll-free number 18002333555 “(24 x7) for LPG consumers.